Setting your device permissions
To join a meeting using your browser, CafeX requires access to your microphones and cameras.
When you join a meeting for the first time, your browser prompts you because CafeX wants to use your microphone and camera.
The way that your browser prompts you to ask for permission depends on the browser that you are using.
Typically, click Allow, to let CafeX use your microphone and camera.
For example, on MacOS using Chrome browser, the prompt is displayed as follows:
If you do not see the prompt, or do not allow CafeX to use your microphone and camera, you have to change your browser permissions.
Use the following table to change your camera and microphone permissions for the CafeX website—https://app.cafex.com
|Google Chrome||Use your camera & microphone |
Windows 10 camera, microphone, and privacy
|Mozilla Firefox||How to Manage Your Camera and Microphone Permissions with Firefox|
|Microsoft Edge||Windows 10 camera, microphone, and privacy|
|Safari||Change Websites preferences in Safari on Mac|
|Safari on mobile||See: Joining a meeting using the Safari mobile browser|
After changing the permissions, you have to reload the meeting, so that CafeX can request to use your microphone and camera again.
It is best practise to close other applications that may use your camera and microphone. These applications may prevent the browser, and CafeX using the devices.
If CafeX cannot use your microphone, you can join the meeting by phone.
Checking your device settings
Check your settings in the following ways:
- On the before you join the meeting and before you click Join the meeting to enter a meeting
- Click Settings to display the Your meeting settings panel
- During a meeting, if you click the additional options > Media settings
From the settings panel, you can change the following:
- Select and verify your Camera
- The preview area displays the camera input.
- Select and verify your Microphone:
- The sound meter below the microphone drop-down-box displays the audio input from the microphone you choose.
- Select your Speakers:
- Click TEST AUDIO to play a sound
- To adjust the volume, use the Volume bar.
- Toggle MICROPHONE to enable or disable your microphone before you join the meeting.
- Toggle CAMERA to enable or disable your camera before you join the meeting.
- Specify a Call me number and have CafeX call your phone to join the meeting. See: Joining a meeting using Call me.
Important: If you plug in a microphone or camera device too soon, your browser may not detect the device. This means that the new device is not available on the Settings dialog. Reload the meeting to detect new devices appear.
Joining a meeting using Call me
Instead of using a browser for meeting audio, you can have CafeX call your phone so that you can participate.
To have CafeX call your phone to join a meeting:
- click the additional options > Media settings
- Find Your meeting settings > Call me
- Provide a phone number to call in the following ways:
- Enter a phone number
- If you have set your phone number on your profile, you do not have to do anything else.
- Click Call me
If you join a meeting using a phone, you can still join the meeting using your browser, so that you can see the participants list, chat, and screen shares, for example.
Using Jabra headsets
Some people report that they do not see the microphone or camera prompt when they join a meeting, if they use Google Chrome browser and a Jabra headset. If they check their CafeX Settings, the headset is not found. Currently, they can use their Jabra headset, if they Change a site’s camera & microphone permissions for the CafeX website https://app.cafex.com from ASK to ALLOW.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article