TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Creating a Workspace
- Updating your Workspace Details
- Understanding Workspace and App Lifecycles
- Archiving your Workspaces
CafeX Workspaces are the containers where content is stored for an App. A Workspace represents a specific context for an App and an App can contain multiple Workspaces. As an example you might build an App that is used for processing customer information, where a different subset of your Users is allowed to access customer data for different geographies. In this example you could have a separate Workspace for each geography and only allow the relevant Users access to the specific Workspaces.
How many Workspaces there are in your App, who can create them and who can access them will depend on the use case that the App is solving. Every App needs at least one Workspace in order to contain the state for the App. Examples of Workspace persistence models for your App may be:
- One Workspace for each activity (for example one Workspace per phone call in a contact center)
- One Workspace for each domain context (for example one Workspace per caller in a contact center)
- One Workspace per User (for example one Workspace per agent in a contact center)
- One Workspace per App (for example one Workspace for the whole contact center and all agents share the same Workspace)
- Any other model that fits your App design
Workspaces make use of Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) to secure them and can encapsulate all of the state that you require for your App, including the following:
- Assets (For example, files, links to external content, URLs, meeting recordings)
- Data Table records
- Knowledge Articles
- Chat conversations
Creating a Workspace
Your tenant already comes a Collaborate App that is ready for you to use. It is an example of the base functionality that members of a Workspace can use to communicate and collaborate. This article uses the Collaborate App as an example, although the same functionality is available in all Apps if you require. For more information about the Collaborate App, see: Overview of the Collaborate App
To create an Workspace for an App:
- From the CafeX Homepage, click on an App to open it:
- Your browser displays the App Overview, that includes a list of Workspaces.
- Click Create a Workspace
- Enter the Workspace details.
- To add Workspace members, click Add people to this Workspace and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Click Create Now
Important: You are able to change the details of the Workspace and its members after creation if you need.
- When CafeX finishes the creation of your Workspace, your browser directs you to it the Workspace Overview screen.
From here, you have links to the features of the Workspace. As the Workspace members collaborate, you see activity and historic in the Workspace.
For more information about the Collaborate App, see: Overview of the Collaborate App.
Updating your Workspace Details
Understanding Workspace and App Lifecycles
Archiving your Workspaces
By default, Workspaces persist indefinitely. If you create many Workspaces that your users only use for a brief time, eventually you may find that they have a performance impact on the user’s browser.
As an App Builder, you can change this duration that a Workspace persists with User inactivity before CafeX archives the Workspace.
To configure the automatic archive:
- Open the Workspace Template
- Open the information panel
- Click Configure
- Click the Configure button
- Update the Automatic archive as you require
When CafeX archives a Workspace it means that a user won’t be able to View the content any more.
The data is not permanently deleted, a Tenant administrator can always restore a Workspace.
For more information about the creation and deletion of Workspaces see: Managing Workspaces.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article