If you are a Google Suite (G Suite) administrator, you authorize CafeX to access Drive and manage calendar events on behalf of your organization.
Important: You cannot integrate with G Suite if you use a Gmail account that is not part of G Suite.
As an administrator of your G Suite, to install CafeX into your G Suite:
- Open your Profile menu > Tenant settings > Office Suite
- In the Type drop down, choose Google
- Click Integrate with Google
- Follow the instructions
- CafeX installs an enterprise application into your G Suite domain
As a GSuite administrator, you manage your Apps from your Google Admin. CafeX is a Marketplace app.
CafeX authorization and API scopes
CafeX uses a 2-legged OAuth 2.0 flow to act on behalf of your organization’s members. CafeX requests the following API scopes:
- Read, compose, send, and permanently delete all your email from Gmail.
- CafeX manages your CafeX assistant mailbox with this scope.
- See, edit, share, and permanently delete all the calendars that you can access using Google Calendar.
- CafeX manages calendar events with this scope.
- See, edit, create and delete all of your Google Drive files.
- CafeX retrieves and updates Google Drive files with this scope.
- View your email address.
- See your personal info, including any personal info you’ve made publicly available.
See also: GSuite Admin Help—How authorized access works
Disabling automatic hangouts to events
When you schedule a meeting using Google Calendar, Hangouts automatically adds a video call event to your calendar.
The Hangouts video call overrides the CafeX meeting details and stop the people you invite from joining the meeting.
As an administrator, To disable automatic Google Hangout events, see: Disable automatic video calls in Google Calendar