As a tenant’s administrator, you manage applications that your members can use on CafeX.
Applications provide the following:
- They retrieve content that your organization stores in the application, allowing workspace members to view it.
- Applications appear in a workspace's Add menu.
- They let your members select content to share on any workspace that they are members of.
For each application you install, you specify the following:
- whether to enable the application for your members.
- whether your members can configure their own accounts to share content.
Depending on the application, you specify the following configuration:
- Configuration from your office suite integration.
- Configuration to access your organization’s application account.
- Configuration to allow your members to configure their own accounts,
Not all of the options are available on every application, for details specific to each application, see: Adding application content by using the Add menu.
- Your configuration applies to all the members of your organization. A member of your workspace from another organization can use their own applications regardless of your configuration.
- If you permit your members to configure their own accounts for an application, then they can associate any account, including personal accounts, with CafeX.
Understanding application authorization
If you share resources and content from an application, CafeX uses the appropriate method of authorization to access and retrieve information from the application on behalf of your organization’s members. Each application provides its own method to delegate access to its content. Some applications provide OAuth 2.0, others provide API keys or access tokens to retrieve content. CafeX makes the content available for to those who have permission to see it.
CafeX Enterprise application
The CafeX office suite integration installs an enterprise application into your organization’s Microsoft, or Google account.
The CafeX enterprise application uses 2-legged OAuth to act on behalf of your organization’s members.
CafeX has the following enterprise applications:
Organization application accounts
To use some applications CafeX uses an API key, or an access token, to act on behalf of your organization’s members. CafeX uses the application’s API to act on behalf of your organization’s members.
CafeX uses application accounts for the following applications:
Member’s own accounts
To use some applications CafeX require that your organization members use their own accounts with CafeX. To use these applications, CafeX uses 3-legged OAuth to act on behalf of your organization member.
Installing an application
As a tenant’s administrator, to install an application:
- From the menu, click Tenant settings
- Click Management > Applications
- From the available applications, click Install for any that you require.
- The applications you install appear under the Applications heading, where you configure the following:
- Google Drive
- Microsoft OneDrive
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Teams
Some applications require that you verify CafeX in order to use them.
You have to enable applications to let workspace members use them.
Your network administrator has to allow access to an application so that your members can use the application as themselves. See the documentation that the application provides for this information.
CafeX does not require additional ports and protocols to use the applications that you install unless the application configuration specifies.
Configuring an application
As a tenant’s administrator, to configure an application:
- Open your profile menu > Tenant settings
- Click the application to enable under Management > Applications
- As you require:
- Check Enabled—Workspace members can see the application the add menu.
- Check Allow member accounts—All workspace members to add their own accounts to share content.
- If necessary, set application configuration for your organization’s account.
- Click Update.
Verifying your CafeX integration with applications
As an application administrator, before you start using the following applications, you have to verify each of your CafeX integration with them:
Using alternative file viewers in CafeX
When you open a workspace resource, CafeX picks a suitable viewer to show the the content. See: Viewing workspace content.
If your organization implements access controls to applications, members of your organizations may not be able to view content that members add to workspaces.
As an administrator, you can instruct CafeX not to use these applications and use the default CafeX viewer for members of your organization. This is helpful if your organization members work with other organizations that use resources from applications that you typically do not allow access to.
As an administrator you can you can instructor CafeX to not use the following application viewers:
- Google Drive
- Google Viewer
As an tenant administrator, to change the file viewer settings:
- Open your profile menu > Tenant Settings > File viewers
- set the options that you require:
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article