You can store your CafeX content in an AWS bucket.
To create an AWS bucket, see: Creating an AWS bucket.
- To enable support for file version history you have to enable Bucket Versioning—see: AWS - Enable bucket versioning.
- Currently, if you migrate to another datastore, previous versions of files do not migrate and are deleted from the original store.
By default, your AWS Blocks Public Access and you have to create an access key for CafeX to use to connect to your bucket.
To set up access control to the bucket,
- Create an IAM User for CafeX —See: Create an IAM user.
- Record the IAM user’s access key ID and secret access key—See: Managing access keys.
- Define suitable permissions for the user to access the CafeX bucket.
See: Walkthrough: Controlling Access to a Bucket with User Policies.
- The Resource is the ARN of the bucket you make for CafeX to use.
- In step 4.2c, CafeX requires the Action set to be: [s3:*], so that all actions are available to CafeX .
To configure CafeX :
- Open your Profile menu > Tenant settings > Data Storage
- In the Type drop down, choose AWS
Complete the configuration for your storage account as follows:
Input field Description Access Key Your IAM user access key ID - Managing access keys. Security Key To The IAM User’s secret access key. Bucket Name The name of your S3 bucket. For example: my-example-bucket. Region The AWS region where your bucket resides. For example us-east-1.
- Click Update