CafeX stores the content of your workspaces in a blob container of a storage account you provide.
Microsoft provide a number of storage account types. CafeX requires an account type that supports the Blob service.
This article assumes you are using a general-purpose v2 storage account.
To create a new storage account in Microsoft Azure follow the steps in: Azure—Create a general-purpose storage account. CafeX requires that you set all of the following:
- Storage account name, for CafeX to reference it.
- Secure transfer required to Enabled
- Access Tier to Hot
To create a new blob container: see Azure—Create a blob in object storage.
- To enable support for file version history you have to Turn on versioning for blobs - see: Azure -Enable and manage blob versioning.
- Currently, if you migrate to another datastore, previous versions of files do not migrate and are deleted from the original store.
With an appropriate storage account and blob container (see: Azure Configuration BELOW), to configure CafeX:
- Open your Profile menu > Tenant settings > Data Storage
- In the Type drop down, choose Azure
Complete the configuration for your storage account as follows:
Input field Description Account Name The storage account name in your Azure account Account Key To find your account key, see: Azure—Manage storage account settings. Container Name The name of the blob container in the Blobs section of your storage account
- Click Update