It is helpful to create a breakout room when some of the members of a track need to work together on a smaller task that relates to your original topic. Breakout rooms allow you to add content, invite members, and hold your own meetings away from the original track.
You use a breakout room like a track, with the following differences:
- You can promote track content.
- This moves the content back to your original track that you start the breakout room from.
- Breakout room members do not have to be members of the original track. They do not have access to any of the original track content unless they are made a member of the track.
- If you invite someone to a breakout room, they receive an email with a direct link to the access the breakout room. They have to use this link to access the breakout room.
- If you delete the original track, the breakout room ends too.
Starting a breakout room
To start a breakout room on a track:
- Click Add.
- Click Add breakout room.
- Give your breakout room a name.
Entering a breakout room
If you are a member of the original track, to enter a breakout room:
- Click the breakout room under the track resources.
- Click Enter room.
If you are a member of a breakout room, but not a member of the original track, to enter the breakout room:
- Find the email that invites you to enter the track.
- Use to the link in the email to access the track.
From the breakout room, you can add content and members as if you using a track’s features.
When you are in a breakout room the heading of the original track name and the name of your breakout room is present.
- A track with the title: Example track, and
- A breakout room with the title: My breakout,
- Displays the title: Example track : My breakout
To go back to the original track:
- Click the title of the breakout room.
When you promote content in a breakout room, it is made available on parent track that the breakout room is part of.
You can promote the following control from a breakout room:
- File uploads
- Application content
- Meeting recordings
To promote content:
- Click the content to view it from the track.
- Click Promote.
Scheduling a meeting in a breakout room
You cannot schedule meetings in a breakout rooms using the menu. Instead, you have a schedule a meeting from inside the breakout room.
To schedule a meeting in a breakout room:
- Enter the breakout room
- Click Add > Schedule meeting
- For Choose a track for your meeting, select This track
- Continue scheduling your meeting.
See also: Scheduling a meeting