To manage workspace members, open the workspace members panel by:
- Open the workspace information panel
- Click All members > See all
The Members panel lists all of a workspace's members and shows each member's:
Adding a member to a workspace
To add a new member to a workspace:
- Open to workspace members panel
- Click Add people
- Enter their email address
- Select a workspace role
- To add more than on person, click Add another.
- Provide a Message to include
- Select Notify these new members by email as necessary
- If you turn it on, Challo sends an email invitation to new members of your workspace.
- If you turn it off, Challo does not send an email invitations. New workspace members can still access the workspace, if they sign in.
- Click Add
Individuals using Challo need to sign up before they access your workspace. If necessary, the email Challo sends prompts them to complete sign up before they continue. If you turn off Notify these new members by email, they do not receive any notifications from the workspace. You have to ask them to sign up to use Challo so that they can access the workspace.
In the members list, workspace coordinators see (Waiting on Invitation) next to the name of any members of a workspace who are yet to sign up.
Setting the role of a workspace member
As a workspace coordinator, to change a workspace member’s role, open the workspace members panel and change their role. You cannot change the role of the owner of the workspace. The owner is always a coordinator.
Member role permissions
As you add a member to a workspace, assign one of the following roles:
|Role||Workspace content||Workspace membership||Chat||Workspace meetings|
|Coordinator||View, add, remove, edit||View, add, remove, edit||Yes, by default||Yes|
|Collaborator||View, add, remove, edit||View||Yes, by default||Yes|
|Viewer||View||View||Yes, by default||Yes|
|Guest||A guest is not a member of a workspace. A guest is someone you invite to join in a meeting.|
Guests only see the content of the live session, or a workspace meeting. Guests cannot see any of the workspace content or the workspace membership, unless another member shares their screen content during a live session.
By default, Guests can participate in chat during the meeting. Guests can see the chat channel of a workspace during a meeting. They cannot see historical messages before the meeting starts.
- If necessary, administrators can add themselves as members and elevate their role to coordinator.
- Workspace coordinators set the permissions for member roles to view and send chat messages—See: Managing workspace chat permissions.
- The creator of a workspace is the workspace owner by default.
- The workspace creator is also a workspace coordinators, by default.
- Only workspace coordinators can delete the workspaces they own.
- You can assign more than one coordinator to a workspace .
- A workspace has one and only one workspace owner.
A tenant’s administrator can also manage workspace. See: Managing members’ workspace.
For information about how members interact with Challo assistants, see: Using Challo assistants.
Removing a workspace member
As a workspace coordinator, to remove a member from a workspace, use the cross button.
You can remove yourself from a workspace in the way way. If you are the only workspace coordinator, you have to assign someone else as an alternative coordinator before you remove yourself from the workspace.
Adding members from another Challo tenancy
When you invite a member from outside of your Challo tenancy, your workspace appears on their menu. See: Viewing workspaces from other organizations.
Transferring workspace ownership
A workspace owner can transfer ownership to another workspace member. See: Transferring ownership of a workspace.