To start a new workspace:
- Open the workspace perspective, click
- Click the +button
- Complete the Create workspace dialog:
- Click Create now
- Your new workspace opens:
- Starting a workspace using email
- Adding content to a workspace
- Adding members to a workspace
- Ending a workspace
When you create a workspace you are the workspace owner. You can transfer workspace ownership to a new owner.
You can also assign a workspace owner when you create the workspace. If the owner you assign is from another organization and they automatically accept transfer requests from you, the create workspace dialog updates to include any custom workspace fields they require. See: Transferring workspace ownership.
Receiving workspace notifications
Receiving email notifications
For the workspaces that you are a member of, Challo sends you a email notification when one of the following events occurs:
- Another workspace member uploads a file to the workspace.
- Another workspace member adds an application integration, such as a Google Drive or One Drive document to the workspace.
- Another workspace member adds a link to the workspace.
- Another workspace member uploads a new version of a file to the workspace.
- Another workspace member uses an application integration to upload a new version of a file.
- Important: If someone uploads a file using an application integration folder view, such as Google Drive, Challo does not send notifications.
- Missed message email—receive an email summary for unread mentions and direct messages.
To configure your workspace entry notifications:
- Find the workspace and click it to open the workspace preview.
- Click the notification button ().
- Under Workspace entry notifications set the appropriate notification levels for the following events:
- Channel push notifications
- Direct chat push notifications
- Workspace entry comment push notifications
- Workspace entry notifications
- Missed message email—receive an email summary for unread mentions and direct messages
Notification levels include the following:
- None—To receive no notification emails from this workspace.
- All entries—To receive notification emails from this workspace.
- Use your profile setting—see: Updating your profile.
See also: Receiving Challo notifications.
Receiving push notifications
You can configure the chat notifications you receive on workspace too—See: Receiving chat notifications