If you are using Microsoft Office 365 or Google Suite to manage an email domain for your organization, configure the mailbox of your CafeX assistant.
In this article, the mailbox of the CafeX Assistant is:
casperis the primary alias of the mailbox.
- The CafeX assistant uses dynamic aliases to target tracks, in the following format:
email@example.com. CafeX assigns a unique value to
aliasfor each track.
- Your mail server forwards emails in this format to the mailbox of your CafeX assistant.
- Google Suite, by default performs this.
- Microsoft Office 365 requires further configuration—see: Configuring Microsoft Exchange for CafeX
Configuring CafeX to connect to your mail server
As an administrator, to setup the CafeX assistant to use a mailbox:
- Create a mailbox for the assistant:
- From your CafeX fast track menu, click Tenant settings
- Click Email
- Complete the mailbox configuration for your assistant to use.
Attribute Description Mailbox The mailbox identity of your CafeX assistant. For example: casper Domain The domain of your CafeX assistant's mailbox. For example: example.com Display Name the display name the assistant presents in the emails it sends. For example: Casper Mode Important: Unless CafeX instructs you, set this to Unseen. The CafeX assistant processes unread emails, before it marks them read.
- If you are configuring a Microsoft Office 365 suite, specify connection details for your Exchange Server:
Attribute Description Password The mailbox password for your CafeX assistant. Server The address of your IMAP email server. For example: outlook.office365.com Port The IMAP email server port. For example: 993 SMTP Server The address of your SMTP server. For example: smtp.office365.com SMTP Port The port of your SMTP server. For example: 587 SMTP Encryption The encryption method to use to connect to your SMTP Server.
For Microsoft Exchange use: STARTTLS
- Click Update
Configuring Microsoft Exchange Server for CafeX
As a system administrator, in your Exchange Server configure the following mail flow settings:
- To receive email from outside of your organization, set the accepted domain to use internal relay
See: Managed accepted domains in Exchange Online
- Create a rule to forward emails to the mailbox of the CafeX assistant with the following:
Attribute Description Name The name of your CafeX assistant mail flow rule.
For example: CafeX Assistant rule
Apply this rule if...
Set this to:
The recipient address includes... The primary alias of your CafeX assistant mailbox.
Do the following... Redirect the message to... Your CafeX Assistant
The mail flow rule for the mailbox for
firstname.lastname@example.org appear as the following:
- To allow CafeX to read calendar events in the CafeX assistant mailbox, enable the follow IMAP option:
Send event invitations in iCalendar format