If you are using Google Drive, or Microsoft Office 365, track members share content directly from these file hosting services, rather than upload files to your data store.
When you log in to CafeX and view track resources from other services, you use the identity you log in as to access the resource.
- If you authenticate with Google to use CafeX, you access Google Drive content with the same identity and with your normal privileges.
- If you authenticate with Microsoft to use CafeX, you access Microsoft Office 365 content with the same identity and with your normal privileges.
If the document is accessible to CafeX, it can create a PDF for track members who normally cannot view a file.
Use the following table to determine how link you add to tracks behave for your track members:
|Accessible to CafeX||Not accessible to CafeX|
|Accessible to your identity||You access the content as yourself, with the same identity.||
|Not accessible to your identity||CafeX retrieves the file and produces a PDF to view, unless the services takes precedence.||
To make a document accessible to CafeX:
- Share the resource to your CafeX track assistant if you have setup CafeX office suite integration. This gives access to CafeX to generate PDFs for your track members without access.
- Important: It is possible that the anonymous sharing link remains on your track, remove it if necessary.
- Share the resource with your CafeX assistant.
- Important: If you share a resource with your CafeX assistant, any member of a track can view the resource, including members without access to the resources.
- If your CafeX assistant has a mailbox inside your organization, make the resource available to anyone in your organization.
- Make the resource available to the public.