Table of Contents
- Ensure the plugin is installed
- Check your Compatibility View settings
- Certificate Issues
- Additional Notes
Ensure the plugin is installed
You can check that the plugin is installed in two locations
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click on the Cog up the top right, and select "Manage Add-ons"
3. Select "Toolbars and Extensions" and click 'All add-ons" under 'Show'
Clicking the 'CafeX Communications Control' allows you to check the version number, disable, or remove the plugin.
You can also check the plugin status in Control Panel > Programs and Features > Add Remove Programs
The plugin is called "WebRTC Plugin for Internet Explorer". You can check version numbers, or uninstall the plugin here.
Check your Compatibility View settings.
The next step is to ensure Compatibility View is disabled. You can do this in the Internet Explorer Settings Cog > Compatibility View settings.
In the Compatibility View settings, please ensure that your application has not been added to this whitelist. Also please check that the 'Display intranet sites in Compatibility View' checkbox is not checked.
Installation and use of the IE Plugin is also dependent on the correct configuration of server certificates. When downloading the IE Plugin, Internet Explorer will refuse the download process if the server certificate 'Issued To' name does not match the URL being used for download. The image below shows that the site has been accessed using the server's IP address (192.168.9.53) where the certificate is for the server name (cs-gclabon1.cafex.com). In this instance IE would not allow the download of the IE plugin.
- You may need to temporarily disable any antivirus script checkers/blockers, as these will stop the plugin from downloading within Internet Explorer. This includes McAfee Security ScriptScan, provided on all windows CaféX devices.
- Ensure that you are using the latest MSI installer, and you do not have a legacy plugin installed on your machine (Such as the previous ActiveX installers)